#1 Bullfan

Bullfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Cars and Rugby league

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:54 PM

Set off from work today and the service warning came on, not due till July and oil on 27% , then it went into some sort of limp mode, no acceleration or power not much fun on the M62.
Called at local dealers on the way home and they will have a look on Friday, luckily when I came back to the car it has gone out of limp mode but the service warning is still coming on.
Does anybody have any thoughts as to the cause?
160 ecoflex only done 4800 miles

#2 andy-g

andy-g

Forum Terrorist

• Donated
  • 15,756 posts
  • Location:West Yorks. 2.0 NON OIL BURNER IN SILVER LAKE WITH TOTALLY COOL AFL & A FAN THAT BLOWS COLD AIR UP YOUR ASS

Posted 12 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

I'm having a stab in the dark at dpf    :mellow:

#3 D00B

D00B

Sheep Loving Welshman

• 7,403 posts
  • Interests:Anything VX
    VX-Line Red Nav Bi-Turbo, TPMS, Keyless Entry and Start, 8" Digital Screen, Touch R900, Touch-pad, BOSE, Premium Leather, AFL, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Sight & Light Pack, 19" Atomic Alloys

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:22 PM

and our survey says............................

#4 Bullfan

Bullfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:30 PM

Well got called out to work and car is now fine again, still taking it in on Friday just to be on the safe side
I will post the results when i get her back

#5 Bandit

Bandit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Location:N.W.England - Forum Wheel Fetishist - Ex Sig,now Astraj
  • Interests:Close to the edge, but not in the hedge! 4 wheels or 2, head for the twistys! Flexride to 'sport'.

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

Sounds like DPF symptoms sound the same as on my sig when it limped home.

#6 gh3382

gh3382

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

My wife sometimes has the "service me now light on" and I sometimes find myself in limp mode.

Normally its the white wine, whisky or stella that is the problem

Gh3382

#7 Bullfan

Bullfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:33 PM

Well it's back from VX, the service light also acts as a warning that something is wrong.
The fault code pointed to the EGR valve but they have checked it and it's all ok so carry on driving and hope for the best.
Did not like not having my baby today!

#8 D00B

D00B

Sheep Loving Welshman

• 7,403 posts
    VX-Line Red Nav Bi-Turbo, TPMS, Keyless Entry and Start, 8" Digital Screen, Touch R900, Touch-pad, BOSE, Premium Leather, AFL, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Sight & Light Pack, 19" Atomic Alloys

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:26 PM

So no fix as of yet, let's see how long it hold out for. Keep us posted on any changes

#9 Bullfan

Bullfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Well I set off to go see Martyn this morning, got about 35 miles and service light came on and back into limp mode
So it's going back in Monday I am not happy

#10 andy-g

andy-g

Forum Terrorist

• Donated
  • 15,756 posts
  • Location:West Yorks. 2.0 NON OIL BURNER IN SILVER LAKE WITH TOTALLY COOL AFL & A FAN THAT BLOWS COLD AIR UP YOUR ASS

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

View Postgh3382, on Mar 16 2012, 04:47 PM, said:

My wife sometimes has the "service me now light on" and I sometimes find myself in limp mode.

Gh3382

LOL

I had some 14.5% plum wine last night and went into limp mode  :D

View PostBullfan, on Mar 16 2012, 05:33 PM, said:

Well it's back from VX, the service light also acts as a warning that something is wrong.
The fault code pointed to the EGR valve but they have checked it and it's all ok so carry on driving and hope for the best.
Did not like not having my baby today!

View PostBullfan, on Mar 17 2012, 12:12 PM, said:

Well I set off to go see Martyn this morning, got about 35 miles and service light came on and back into limp mode
So it's going back in Monday I am not happy

Hate to say it but if they havent done anything it ain't going to be fixed  :huh:

#11 UK-Jezz

UK-Jezz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Photography, Music and dogs

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Postgh3382, on Mar 16 2012, 04:47 PM, said:

Gh3382
lmfao

#12 Bullfan

Bullfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

The garage has just rung and they have had the fault come on so now they are changing the EGR valve, so fingers crossed that is it all sorted but I will update when I get it back

#13 Bullfan

Bullfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:13 PM

Well I got the car back on Wednesday, took 3 days to change the EGR valve but it all looks ok,
Just had a 250 mile round trip to see Martyn and no problems at all so I am happy again,
And when my bluetooth retrofit is finished I will be even happier, thanks to Martyn for the work so far, excellent job

#14 andy-g

andy-g

Forum Terrorist

• Donated
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

Jesus 3 days , wish I got to keep cars that long  :huh:

#15 D00B

D00B

Sheep Loving Welshman

• 7,403 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:16 PM

Still a 2 day stint Martyn?

#16 bosabum

bosabum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:23 PM

Hi all,

Long time viewer, first time poster. Got my 160bhp insignia over a year ago and took the plung to get it remapped friday. The guy told me he had done several insigina's with no problem. After remapping car went into limp mode with service warning. had to put the original map back to get home. I now know that this guy hadn't a clue. Anyway, does anyone know how to manually cancel the service due soon alarm ?

#17 martyn

martyn

Tip Top Techy

• 4,254 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostD00B, on Mar 24 2012, 11:16 PM, said:

Still a 2 day stint Martyn?

Unfortunately mate yes

#18 martyn

martyn

Tip Top Techy

• 4,254 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

View Postbosabum, on Mar 25 2012, 07:23 PM, said:

Hi all,

Long time viewer, first time poster. Got my 160bhp insignia over a year ago and took the plung to get it remapped friday. The guy told me he had done several insigina's with no problem. After remapping car went into limp mode with service warning. had to put the original map back to get home. I now know that this guy hadn't a clue. Anyway, does anyone know how to manually cancel the service due soon alarm ?

Needs to be reset by dealer if you mean service engine soon.

#19 Gamblord

Gamblord

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

I have just had this problem with my cdti 160 2009 model. Just out of warranty and I have changed the intercooler pipe as it was split. Worked fine for 2 weeks and can't go above 3000 rpm. Service vehicle soon has come up and no fault code?  I been told to thrash the car to clean dpf but unfortunately I can barely get the car to move and traffic is always shocking when I take it round the block. I have not had the service dpf message come up ever. Car has covered 90k miles.

It ticks over fine just sounds like a struggling turbo. Is there anything I can try? I don't want to pay dealer prices ideally.

#20 Bullfan

Bullfan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

View PostGamblord, on Jun 1 2012, 03:25 AM, said:

I have just had this problem with my cdti 160 2009 model. Just out of warranty and I have changed the intercooler pipe as it was split. Worked fine for 2 weeks and can't go above 3000 rpm. Service vehicle soon has come up and no fault code?  I been told to thrash the car to clean dpf but unfortunately I can barely get the car to move and traffic is always shocking when I take it round the block. I have not had the service dpf message come up ever. Car has covered 90k miles.

It ticks over fine just sounds like a struggling turbo. Is there anything I can try? I don't want to pay dealer prices ideally.

I purchased a vgate diagnostic reader so i can read the fault codes and see what is going on with the car, you can also reset any faults to get it out of limp mode. Most main dealers will charge about 80 just to read the codes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copywrite 2013 all rights reserved ©

paulo arrudajabig youtubesonar fmcaddy 2k forumtoyota starlet forumsoulful vocal sexy deep dope lounge mix beatsbahamas property