Sorting Common Insignia Faults
Posted 24 December 2011 - 07:47 AM
For instance: wind noise as one
In my previous post http://www.insignia-...?showtopic=3203
I listed the problems I have had with my car that is just 12 months old. I only had 4 replies, but reading through the forum it is obvious alot more owners are having trouble with there cars. Not all major probs, but more annoying niggles that the dealers cant be bothered to fix because they are time consuming to sort.
I thought it might be useful to compile a list of the common faults members are experiencing to see if any patterns emerge and also to maybe aid in sorting possible fixes. The insignia is actually a good car but could be an excellent car if a few creases were ironed out. I am sure there is enough knowledge amounst us to be able to come up with some solutions.
Please list your niggly bits.
So what say you?
Posted 24 December 2011 - 09:33 AM
Posted 24 December 2011 - 10:29 AM
Wind noise at high speed from driver door
Service vehicle soon warning
Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:57 PM
Both nearside external door handles stick open.
Water pours in boot when wet tailgate opened.
Takes ages to warm up from cold.
Horrible squeek/grind when starting from cold.
Electric park brake releases far too easily in hill start mode.
Posted 26 December 2011 - 07:16 AM
Just to relist my problems so they are all in one place
1. One of the locking wheel nuts came apart and lost the outer grey metal part and plastic cover.
2. Replace turbo actuator
3. Replace boot catch switch
4. Coolant tank cap came apart leaving the center part stuck in the bottle
5. Rattle/rumble on cold start up
6. Wind noise at motorway speeds. Looking into possible fixes for this
Posted 26 December 2011 - 11:05 AM
Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:16 PM
Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:22 PM
Mine does it every time I reverse into my drive on full lock , its been said on here it's ok .
Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:28 PM
Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:41 AM
1) Headed drivers seat : not working
2) rear drivers window : wind noise on the motorway
3) automatic gearbox : can't choose if it's it wants to sit in 5th or 6th on the motorway
4) automatic gearbox : refusing to change gear sometimes
5) rear wiper : wont work but only had this a couple of times
6) engine : oil lying in engine bay and on engine floor ( just a little bit )
7) engine fan : comes on for no reason even when winter and been driving on the motorway
with A smell of burning
8) passenger foglight : doesn't work until you bang it
9) chrome door handle : fell off
10) tyre pressure system : told me one 2 times telling me flat tyre ( it was talking
Better get my list for the dealer hahahah
Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:23 PM
1. Heated drivers seat stopped working.
2. Headlamp washer covers fell off.
3. Adaptive forward lighting stuck on "town" pattern.
4. Split in leather on drivers seat - see below.
5. Corroded chrome on exhaust tailpipes.
6. Scored brake discs.
7. Loss of power at 4000 rpm (faulty air flow module).
8. EML came on (and stayed on). No faults on system. Hard reset cured it.
9. Parking sensors stopped working.
10. Rain water trapped in door sills.
11. Oil leak.
12. Rear bumper loose.
13. Creaking noises in central console.
All of the above fixed under warranty.
14. Terrible mpg (2.0T - but that's all 2.0T engines).
15. Service Suspension system message - intermittent (unfixed).
16. Poor paintwork - blooming on bumpers.
The split on the leather drivers seat was on the side, caused by the plastic trim that houses the adjustment buttons. Unless someone shorter that you drives the car & moves the seat UP you'll never see it. I suggest you all check your cars for this. Vauxhall replaced the entire seat under warranty.
The Service Suspension System" message is intermittent. The dealer's computer shows no fault. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing it?
Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:53 PM
1 four puctures and no spare wheel( i have one now)
2 new discs on the rear
3 new pads all round
4 3 new turbo solonoids
5 new clutch
6 new gear box
7 one dead battery
8 burning rubber smell from engine bay
Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:25 PM
Oil leak behind motor - Solved! Oil trap breathing - no need repairing at all.
Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:50 PM
For number 16 where was your oil leak in the engine about and what was the problem as I have oil coming from the top of the engine under the plastic casing ?
Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:48 PM
For number 16 where was your oil leak in the engine about and what was the problem as I have oil coming from the top of the engine under the plastic casing ? style_emoticons/default/wink.gif
Oil trap breathing - no need repairing at all.
Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:26 PM
Hmm if mines has the same problems I'm guessing I won't get my siggy back the same day when it goes in on wednesday.
Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:39 AM
Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:50 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users