19 replies to this topic

#1 JDR

JDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the rear parking sensors advertised on the official vauxhall site HERE (bottom of the page), I was thinking about getting them fitted by my local garage but after a call earlier they seemed pretty uninformed about everything related to them.

I know I could save a ton of money grabbing a kit from ebay and doing it myself but tbh I would screw something up big style and I figure if vauxhall do the work surely that will not invalidate my warranty, so what I was wondering are these fitted flush with the bumper and are they colour coded to the vehicle or will I just end up with 4 black circles on my grey bumper?

Cheers

#2 andy-g

andy-g

Forum Terrorist

• Donated
  • 15,349 posts
  • Location:West Yorks. 2.0 NON OIL BURNER IN SILVER LAKE WITH TOTALLY COOL AFL & A FAN THAT BLOWS COLD AIR UP YOUR ASS

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

I would assume they will fit slightly proud of the bumper mate , at 249 fit I cant see them being colour coded either  <_<

Although it shouldn't cost a great deal for them to be colour coded prior to fitting  ;)

#3 JDR

JDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Managed to get someone from the garage on the phone who sounded like they knew what they were talking about, for the 249 I also get them colour coded, and they while not exactly flush, are near enough, I was just worried that you might get some sensors that just get tacked onto the back and end up having four 20mm cylinders sticking out :P

#4 andy-g

andy-g

Forum Terrorist

• Donated
  • 15,349 posts
  • Location:West Yorks. 2.0 NON OIL BURNER IN SILVER LAKE WITH TOTALLY COOL AFL & A FAN THAT BLOWS COLD AIR UP YOUR ASS

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:44 PM

249 supplied / fit and colour coded , can't go wrong at that price mate  ;)

#5 Gaz

Gaz

Trend Setter

• 3,601 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

What a rip off. Will just be an ebay kit with a lick of paint on, makes the labour around 200. I could fit them blindfolded in half an hour.

#6 andy-g

andy-g

Forum Terrorist

• Donated
  • 15,349 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

I stand corrected then  :P

That's a shit price don't do it  :lol:

#7 insignia78

insignia78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 05:16 AM

View Postandy-g, on Aug 2 2011, 08:13 PM, said:

I stand corrected then  :P

That's a shit price don't do it  :lol:

...or just learn to park like a real man??

#8 JDR

JDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:57 AM

Its not my parking I am worried about :P

After the gf put a dent in the door while the car still had less than 200 miles on the clock I now get nervous anytime she takes it out, at the end of the day I'm not overly worried about the cost, the car is paid for by my work so is costing me nothing, I know it may be a simple installation but if I take a drill to the bumper I wouldn't want to imagine the photo's I would be posting here afterwards.

#9 PaulDCocker

PaulDCocker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:06 AM

View PostJDR, on Aug 3 2011, 07:57 AM, said:

After the gf put a dent in the door...

Not sure that they fit parking sensors on the doors though! Lol  :lol:

#10 JDR

JDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

Even if they did I don't think that would have saved the door  :D

#11 valtrig

valtrig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:19 AM

You might also want to consider the sensors in the following links:

http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/

http://www.proxel.com/

No bumper drilling required.

#12 andy-g

andy-g

Forum Terrorist

• Donated
  • 15,349 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:20 AM

View PostJDR, on Aug 3 2011, 07:57 AM, said:

but if I take a drill to the bumper I wouldn't want to imagine the photo's I would be posting here afterwards.

Bit like this but with a drill  :P

#13 JDR

JDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Well the garage called me back today to inform me the 249 actually does not include colour coding and so for that service too I would be looking at a grand total of 320 excluding VAT, so obviously I told them to forget it.  

This may be for the best though as after buying my Insignia 2 months ago one thing wrong which was spotted by someone with better eyesight / awareness than me was that my parcel shelf was an absoloute mess, the rubber / plastic edging was torn off and missing, so I have been spending the last couple of months back and forth with the dealer trying to get a replacement which still hasn't turned up.

So I just gave them a call about my general unhappiness with the service and asked if they would be willing to sort out rear parking sensors as a good will gesture, now they havn't said yes yet, but fingers crossed :)

Get a feeling they may tell me to beat it tho :P

#14 jaymac

jaymac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

View PostJDR, on Aug 3 2011, 01:25 PM, said:

Well the garage called me back today to inform me the 249 actually does not include colour coding and so for that service too I would be looking at a grand total of 320 excluding VAT, so obviously I told them to forget it.  

This may be for the best though as after buying my Insignia 2 months ago one thing wrong which was spotted by someone with better eyesight / awareness than me was that my parcel shelf was an absoloute mess, the rubber / plastic edging was torn off and missing, so I have been spending the last couple of months back and forth with the dealer trying to get a replacement which still hasn't turned up.

So I just gave them a call about my general unhappiness with the service and asked if they would be willing to sort out rear parking sensors as a good will gesture, now they havn't said yes yet, but fingers crossed :)

Get a feeling they may tell me to beat it tho :P

Thats just rip off at its best you need to have a look at these

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item35a53e71ef

and then have a look at this
http://www.insignia-...amp;#entry14448
andsave yourself a heap of money.
Cheers,Jaymac

#15 martyn

martyn

Tip Top Techy

• 4,239 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 04:37 PM

yup 320 + VAT is mega money for cheap after market jobbies!

#16 Warrior

Warrior

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

I live in the Stoke on Trent area and have just had colour coded, (white), rear parking sensors fitted for 150 locally.  Should have been 180 but got a reduction as I had them fitted at the same time as having a tow bar fitted.

#17 andy-g

andy-g

Forum Terrorist

• Donated
  • 15,349 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:24 AM

320 + vat  <_<

Posted Image

#18 bigmac

bigmac

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:06 AM

You can buy the OEM park pilot system and it will work just like factory fitted unit

#19 Aldo21t

Aldo21t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

View PostJDR, on Aug 2 2011, 12:03 PM, said:

I was wondering if anyone had experience with the rear parking sensors advertised on the official vauxhall site HERE (bottom of the page), I was thinking about getting them fitted by my local garage but after a call earlier they seemed pretty uninformed about everything related to them.

I know I could save a ton of money grabbing a kit from ebay and doing it myself but tbh I would screw something up big style and I figure if vauxhall do the work surely that will not invalidate my warranty, so what I was wondering are these fitted flush with the bumper and are they colour coded to the vehicle or will I just end up with 4 black circles on my grey bumper?

Cheers

honestly do it yourself its very easy, 20 max

#20 Eddie Sri

Eddie Sri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the guide, sensors ordered!

I have seen the video showing the factory sensor location marks on the reverse of the bumpers but not sure I will bother. Will decide on fitting day :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copywrite 2013 all rights reserved ©

paulo arrudajabig youtubesonar fmcaddy 2k forumtoyota starlet forumsoulful vocal sexy deep dope lounge mix beatsbahamas property