Boot won't open, then Vauxhall loose parts!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 InsigniaSRi

InsigniaSRi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

Hi all,

Just thought i'd vent my frustrations on here before some poor service bloke at Vauxhall gets it both barrels! Last Monday I was out the front washing the car and went to open the boot to wash the enormous lip that turns black in the blink of eye! Pushed the switch and nothing happened, I thought I had forgot to unlock the car, got the key out and pressed the unlock twice just to be sure. Tried the boot again and nothing.

Phoned Vauxhall and explained to them what had happened, tried all the usual are the wipers still working because they run of the fuse and yes, tried explaining to the lady that I thought it was the switch as I could not hear it working at all when it was pressed and she sighed down the phone and said 'really well you had better bring it to us and we will tell you whats the matter with it!'

Off I trot to the dealer and within 2 mins of a tech looking at it, it was the switch. Bit of pain in the ass due to needing access to the boot for the babies items and you take it for granted when the bloody thing actually works. Booked in for the Tuesday, sit and wait appt should take no longer than an hour, yeah right I thought to myself. Tuesday morning the phone goes and it's the service guy at Vauxhall informing me that the part hasn't come in but will be on back order until the following Monday. After a few exchanges between us he got the idea I was not pleased with this and the only suggestion he made was to enter the boot via the back seats and drag all the items I needed out when I needed them, when I pointed out that I have the full leather and i've paid quite a bit of money for this car its not good enough.

Long story short all last week still the same answer no parts available in the counrty at the time. Car was booked in for Monday @ 8:30 (yesterday). Arrived at Vauxhall and car went into the wortkshops at 8:45. By 9:00 no one had gone back to the car but two people in suits were now stood by it scratching there heads and looking in my direction obv speaking about me!

One and a hlaf hours later I went to the desk and explained I had been waiting and watching what had been happening and was told to take a seat and some one would check. Another twenty mins later the service manager appears and explains that the part that they had ordered and rec'd that morning had been lost and they only realised that after dismantling my boot assembly.To say I nearly hit the roof was an understatement. I left Vauxhall after 2.5 hours with no Insignia, but a 1.2 bright blue Agila that would struggle to pull skin of a rice pudding. I was fuming and to top it all off I had to then go and fill the Agila up with petrol as it was spluttering where it was so empty after putting 85 in the Insignia a couple of days ago.

All of this on top of having owned the car for 3 days it went back to the dealers as the steering rack had packed up.

Apologies for the length of this post but the wife is fed up of listening to me :)

Still waiting to hear from Vauxhall today, excellent customer service again!!

Cheers

Craig

#2 b j r

b j r

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

know the feeling!!!!

#3 PRO-INSIGNIA

PRO-INSIGNIA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

If you have a Sport Tourer believe me its a big job to change this switch if they do it properly. (2 hours) I bet they did not know what they were doing and did not want to strip all of the outer painted plastic part of the tail gate down especially with the customer watching!
The cheat way to change the switch is lever it out with a screwdriver cut the wires and solder the new switch wires in and pop the switch back, (5 mins).

Alot of these switches seem to be failing all of a sudden!!

#4 eggsy

eggsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:32 PM

Don't you love the "I don't give a flying F~~K" Dealer attitudes?

Unlucky Pal, any news on it??

#5 PETE7788

PETE7788

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

Shit happens mate sorry to hear it, keep us informed.

#6 Winterfell

Winterfell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:00 AM

View PostInsigniaSRi, on Feb 1 2011, 02:00 PM, said:

but a 1.2 bright blue Agila that would struggle to pull skin of a rice pudding.

Haha, that's hilarious! :D

Sorry to hear your story though, there's nothing worse than a bad dealer!

#7 Srki

Srki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

I know what you feel, I had trouble with the dealer also. When I bought the car went to pick it up in another city (400 km from my place) I had to wait for a full day, sleepover and wait some 8hours another day for the papers to be finished. How frustrating is that! Not to mention that I had to pay for the hotel. So you're more lucky than I am :) But now I'm pretty happy with my local dealer (thank you God)! I had the same problem with boot microswitch and they replaced it in 15 mins. It really helped to have the remote boot opening ability those days.

Bottom line, don't worry, it could be worse. Just cheer up and keep us informed :)

#8 InsigniaSRi

InsigniaSRi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:48 PM

Well got the car back from Vauxhall and the boot is good as new, for now! They apparently gave me a comp mini valet which I laughed at when the service manager took me to the car. I said I had bought a white car not a bloody dalmation effect one. The cleaners had gone over it with a mop by the looks of it, I said to them never to wash my car again and would of said that if I had known what had they planned.

The service manager showed me the paperwork they had rec'd for the part and it confirmed it was delivered, apparently the bloke who was given the job on my car signed the part out and left it on the parts desk while he went and did something else. Now the part cost 98 and any sane person would realise that other customers would see that as easy money on fle-bay! he dude who signed it out and was responsible for it 'disappearing' now has to pay for the part himself.

Starting to relax with the aid of a Fosters. Ahhhh and now 4 rest days from work so bonus.

Cheers for the comments guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copywrite 2013 all rights reserved ©

paulo arrudajabig youtubesonar fmcaddy 2k forumtoyota starlet forumsoulful vocal sexy deep dope lounge mix beatsbahamas property