8 replies to this topic

#1 GC1000

GC1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

Hi,

I have a vauxhall insignia, when driving for a while I get a warning "service vehicle soon" then limp mode where it does not really get past 2000rpm.  complete loss of power after 2000 rpm and to be fair before that is hardly responsive.  I have had the MAF sensor replaced and it still has not helped, could it be the turbo? DPF? any suggestions would help.

p.s. when the car is cold in the morning it runs much better then when it is running at normal temperature!

p.p.s when on a long drive and i start to lose power the fans inside under the window start blowing out air!

#2 andy-g

andy-g

Forum Terrorist

• Donated
  • 15,199 posts
  • Location:West Yorks. 2.0 NON OIL BURNER IN SILVER LAKE WITH TOTALLY COOL AFL & A FAN THAT BLOWS COLD AIR UP YOUR ASS

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:16 AM

Get it plugged into a good diagnostic machine , without doing this everything is guesswork .

#3 andyellis111

andyellis111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Walking, Road-trips, Holidays & Movies!
    My car's a 2009 SE Nav Auto in Metro Blue with twin exit exhaust pipes, 19" Elite alloys, DVD800 Navi-system, built-in Parrot bluetooth & voice control telephony, and rear park distance control.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Mine did this when I knocked a big electrical plug out in the engine bay. A black and grey one just near the battery.

It controls the DPF, Airflow sensor, turbo and a couple of other things if I remember correctly. Arnold Clark found it and plugged it back in, reset a few things then charged me 80!

Either the plugs come out or (most likely) you have an issue with one of those components.

#4 GC1000

GC1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:54 PM

Thanks got it booked in at 3pm today for diagnostics at vauxhall, just hoping its something simple, got to nurse it home about 13 miles, will have a look for that plug.

literally has no power at the minute am sure the motorway will be very challenging!

#5 andyellis111

andyellis111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts
  • Interests:Mountain Biking, Walking, Road-trips, Holidays & Movies!
    My car's a 2009 SE Nav Auto in Metro Blue with twin exit exhaust pipes, 19" Elite alloys, DVD800 Navi-system, built-in Parrot bluetooth & voice control telephony, and rear park distance control.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

View PostGC1000, on 08 January 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

Thanks got it booked in at 3pm today for diagnostics at vauxhall, just hoping its something simple, got to nurse it home about 13 miles, will have a look for that plug.

literally has no power at the minute am sure the motorway will be very challenging!

I know it sucks doesn't it :( hope u get it sorted mate

#6 Scousesiggy

Scousesiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Sounds like a split turbo pipe to me. Lift the bonnet, get someone to rev and listen out for any hissing

#7 GC1000

GC1000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Ok literally just made it to the garage (vauxhall), was dying in second gear left it in first for about the last 500meters.

Anyway.

confirmed Split booster pipe - which has now caused the DPF not to regenerate, and threw the computer out a bit.

so for the diagnostics, and replacement of DPF and new pipe £372.00, which to be honest is reasonable I will pick it back up today at 5pm.

Cheers guys most helpful.

and you were all right with your posts, thanks

shame the garage i took it to first did not pick up on the split pipe and replaced the MAF sensor :blink:

#8 Scousesiggy

Scousesiggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

At least it's sorted mate. I only paid for the part as my mate fitted it ... Thankfully judging by that price

#9 Poe

Poe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Family, DJ'ing

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostGC1000, on 09 January 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Ok literally just made it to the garage (vauxhall), was dying in second gear left it in first for about the last 500meters.

Anyway.

confirmed Split booster pipe - which has now caused the DPF not to regenerate, and threw the computer out a bit.

so for the diagnostics, and replacement of DPF and new pipe £372.00, which to be honest is reasonable I will pick it back up today at 5pm.

Cheers guys most helpful.

and you were all right with your posts, thanks

shame the garage i took it to first did not pick up on the split pipe and replaced the MAF sensor :blink:

Seems a bit cheap to replace the DPF as well. Are you sure they haven't done a forced regeneration on it ?

Glad it's sorted for you though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copywrite 2013 all rights reserved ©

paulo arrudajabig youtubesonar fmcaddy 2k forumtoyota starlet forumsoulful vocal sexy deep dope lounge mix beatsbahamas property